Hello From Ontario, Canada

metalchips

At one time I made miniature (1/12 scale) turnings using wood, stone, acrylic and metal. Medical problems forced me to give that up. I started making miniature horse drawn wagons, but that got old very quickly. I am now teaching myself to use a milling machine as well as getting better on the metal lathe and I am into the wide world of miniature live steam stationary engines and railroad engines.

There are a few familiar names here and I look forward to some very interesting topics.

Cheers,

Tom

Welcome Tom, so you gave up on the grain wagon? I thought you were making progress. How are the eyes now? Did you ever get back to normal after the fire? What project are you on now?

• 1 month later...

Hi Bill,

Sorry to be so long in answering ... I didn't see your message.

Yes, I was making good progress on the grain wagon, but I had to stop because of my health (eyes, back). I would like to get it done one day, but that is not likely to happen. A bunch of my small tooling and supplies got destryed in the fire and I just never replaced them.

Currently I have been working on a live steam engine based on some of the logging engines of the 1920 era, but progress has been halted due to my ongoing back problem. I am not able to stand very long and most of the time am pretty much unable to walk. I have a feeling that most of my modelling days are done.

Glad to see you are able to get in the shop sometimes.

Cheers,

Tom

Archived