Knitting video that WTIU did several years ago

Althea

This little 5 minute piece is kind of cute...shows many of my pieces and some of the items that inspired them.  It also shows the Scuba Cardigan as I was knitting it. 

Wonderful! I think it is fantastic when professional film producers get a hold of the work of professional miniature artist it's and create such videos. Think of the nearly 7 billion people on this planet, how many could do this type of knitting?

Seeing your knitted pieces animated is really cool, I have seen the interview they did on your piece for the movie Coraline, I thought it was great that they used a real piece from a miniature artist for the movie...I still need to see the movie.

Althea, I am amazed by your work.  I don't know if I'll ever knit in miniature on the equivalent of piano wires, but it took a real life class so I could just purl! I am amazed that you knit with silk thread; it isn't the least bit springy, and have no idea how anyone who knits with silk thread can keep from splitting that silk with a needle the circumference of a piano wire.   As a person who plays with silk floss, and silk thread, all the time for PP Projects, the knitters leave me speechless!  I'm glad to see you knitting again.   I loved seeing your sweaters at the Maysville Museum. 

You work and designs are beautiful. I have been lucky enough to see some of your things in person. They are astonishing.

Thank you all!  

Yes, Silk is tricky because it has very little give, as you say, but the finished pieces hang so beautifully--nothing compares to the finished product!

I have made a HUGE decision to get back into my art full time--I am putting the respiratory therapy hat away for now so that I can focus on being a creative person again--my soul has been craving it so I have decided to feed it what it wants---THREAD!

I hope to be doing shows and teaching again soon :-)

What a wonderful video Althea! Not only is your work just jaw dropping.... i mean, even PP, who know the material, are blown away you are able to create such gorgeous garments.  On top of that it's very nice to see and hear you talk about your passion! Thank you for sharing this video!

What a thrilling announcement Althea!  I am so glad you are going to be giving voice to all the amazing talent and creativity that you have in such abundance   When are you officially changing hats?  This is big, big, big…. you will have lots of folks cheering from the sidelines.  

Archived