2nd Edition: Taig Lathe by Tony Jeffrey (UK)

WeekendMiniaturist

Tony posted in our Taig groups.io forum that 2nd edition of this Book, The Taig/Peatol Lathe: and its accessories is now available on Amazon.

I have the first edition and found it very useful when I was new with my Taig lathe and now that I am up to the 'basic' user of the lathe I find it more resourceful when troubleshooting.

"The Taig Micro Lathe, known as the Peatol Lathe in the UK, is a popular "desk-top" lathe, widely used in a variety of applications from clockmaking and model engineering through to pen-turning and pool cue manufacture. Its simplicity, sound engineering, and rugged design, coupled with a very competitive price, have gained it an enthusiastic following worldwide.In this book, the basics of setting up and adjusting the lathe are covered, and the wide range of standard accessories are described. The later sections describe a range of enhancements that can be made to the lathe to increase its versatility, along with further accessories that the owner can make using the lathe.Tony Jeffree has owned and used a Taig lathe for several years, during which time he has written a number of articles about the lathe and other aspects of model engineering, for Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop magazines."

Other versions of Lathe books that I have purchased use the Sherline for reference...

• Like 1