Peanuts needed.

Bill Hudson

I don't think it would be too difficult. How many do you need?

Sue,count the number of peanuts you see in that drum and for a safe measure triple the number. If you are serious send me a private message. I measure every thing to scale with dial calipers so the scale needs to be tight.

PS, I really need some (a bunch) really good looking scale popcorn too.

I think for popcorn I would try shredded Styrofoam. Then add some color appropriate pastel. Pastel is easy to turn into powder. I would want to try that before I started making popped kernels out of polymer clay.

I think for popcorn I would try shredded Styrofoam. Then add some color appropriate pastel. Pastel is easy to turn into powder. I would want to try that before I started making popped kernels out of polymer clay.

I have already tried shredded Styrofoam. It looks like Styrofoam with yellow on it. But that really is not in my expertise and I may not have been using the correct styrofoam. I has a lady do some for me in clay but the yellow turned blue after a couple of years.

This is the glass in comparison to a peanut. The glass (kind of dirty now) is acrylic which I turned from a solid rod. It is 1/2" long and 3/8" ID. An average measurements for a 1/12th scale peanut is about 1/8" long, maximum x 3/64" thick at the thickest part. These are maximum measurements. A tad smaller is better.

post-35-0-14211600-1399687282_thumb.jpg

post-35-0-93071500-1399687262_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, it is so good to see you here!  I love your little peanut man… what a cool project that will be.  I'm assuming you are still making popcorn carts as well?

The peanuts are in the mail. Now, that was a fun project - sitting at the kitchen table, listening to a baseball game with

a few peanuts in front of me, working with Fimo and chalk, and making roughly 140 tiny peanuts. 

Play ball!!

Bill, it is so good to see you here!  I love your little peanut man… what a cool project that will be.  I'm assuming you are still making popcorn carts as well?

Good to see your smiling face here too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived