Hello from Lee-Ann

Lee-Ann Chellis Wessel

I am Lee-Ann Chellis Wessel 

I have enjoyed making miniature pottery and porcelain for over 35 years and am very interested in ceramic history and in making miniature replicas of ceramic pieces that are specific representations of different styles and periods.

In recent years I have also been creating miniature egg tempera paintings after Italian Renaissance masters. My business name for the very few shows that I do is DemiTasse Miniatures. and my all too often neglected website can be found  at  www.leeannchelliswessel.com

I am a Guild Fellow and have loved being part of "The Great Castine Experience" of The Guild School a number of times both as a teacher and as student. I've also taken advantage of several of the Guild Study Programs .  I love travelling to new places to visit museums and collections along with great groups of like minded people.

I look forward to meeting more folks with the "perfect tiny obsession" through this forum and being inspired by your great work.

Hi Lee-Ann! I'm a great admirer of your porcelain and majolica. But your paintings are just as enchanting. Do you still teach at Guild School? I would love to take a class by you anytime.

Hello Debora,

I have not taught at Guild School... or attended as a student.. for a number of years.  My husband is a "real size" egg tempera painter.  He and our friend Jeremiah Patterson teach  "Workshops in Italy" for two week sessions every summer.  This always ends up scheduled in early June at the same time miniature folks are gathering in Castine ME.  So... forced to choose... I go to Italy.

If I do teach a class anywhere in future I will certainly post on this great new forum.

Archived