View Hole Embellishment

MaxInAMillion

This is kind of a niche question. I have built a sort of roombox where the front will be a solid panel with a circular view hole (about 4 - 5 inches in diameter). I will be making the hole with a hole saw through the 1/4 inch baltic birch plywood front. Now, my problem is that I don't just want it to be bare cut wood, I would like some sort of plastic embellishment piece to go over the hole. I actually found the perfect thing, which is actually from an Ikea desk I have, (it's a piece that goes in the hole where you pull computer wires etc through). In the picture I have placed it in some scrap foam to illustrate how it would go over the hole in the wood panel. The only problem is it's too small in diameter and would make my viewing hole just too narrow to view everything inside properly. 

Does anybody know of anything similar to the attached picture but larger diameter that I could buy online or source locally? Is there a terminology for a piece like this? I'm sure I've seen them used before in places like museums but it's such a niche thing I can't find anything via google. Thanks for your help in advance!

5wb5fLh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered a replacement collar for our water dispenser that might work. It is white plastic and may be a little larger than you wanted as it is 7”.  Check Amazon: AquaNation Ceramic Porcelain Water Dispenser Plastic Crock Protection Ring - White $5.39

Martha

• 2 weeks later...

As you are talking about plastic for a material then you could get one 3D printed in plastic in whatever size you desire as long as the printer platform is large enough.