My blog

abcd

In your blog post, you comment... 

I just don’t know if 3d printers are capable of making detail this small.

This has already been accomplished by Alison Davies, in the UK for 3d Printing.  https://www.alisondaviesminiatures.co.uk/... I have purchased other printed miniatures here and there... some high heeled shoes that can be used... still my mind wanders when it is time to finish.  I can finish a piece of wood; I know how to paint and I know how to finish wood, but resin... those items were purchased to see with my own eyes the capabilities of a 3d printer.  It is a really beautiful bed, even my non-miniaturist husband thought it looked great!  (My friend Peggy bought the french 4 post bed home from Kensington for me! )

I would think detail is a function of the nozzle for the filament, and perhaps the resolution of the type of filament to create this detail.  I have a bed and a chair, both have incredible detail.

There is a portion of my miniature self that must be true to history and so that is where my conflict arrives...   certainly the bed is much more affordable and if gives you another option of reality.... will the plastic fade over time?  I know what happens to wood and painted wood over 20 years.  

I admire all of you who are able to maintain a blog or website and work; I think producing a finished fine miniature is challenging within itself!

On 7/26/2018 at 9:55 PM, WeekendMiniaturist said:

In your blog post, you comment... 

I just don’t know if 3d printers are capable of making detail this small.

This has already been accomplished by Alison Davies, in the UK for 3d Printing.  https://www.alisondaviesminiatures.co.uk/... I have purchased other printed miniatures here and there... some high heeled shoes that can be used... still my mind wanders when it is time to finish.  I can finish a piece of wood; I know how to paint and I know how to finish wood, but resin... those items were purchased to see with my own eyes the capabilities of a 3d printer.  It is a really beautiful bed, even my non-miniaturist husband thought it looked great!  (My friend Peggy bought the french 4 post bed home from Kensington for me! )

.... will the plastic fade over time?  I know what happens to wood and painted wood over 20 years.  

I admire all of you who are able to maintain a blog or website and work; I think producing a finished fine miniature is challenging within itself!

I'll check that out

Archived