Victorian bathroom

abcd

Artist, I like your Victorian bathroom.  It looks like you had an unruly guest of the facilities with the towel bar on the floor... the green that was so popular in homes, makes me shudder!  I am so glad I live in the present date & time.   It looks very realistic!  I love those victorian tiles... ok, I admit it after 22 years of NAME membership, I am still in love with the excess style of Victorian Decor and Furniture.  

Welcome back to the forum; I hope you can post about your next project!

Thanks!

Ha, actually the towel bar was on the floor a it hadn't by then been installed haha.

I am working on a Georgian inspired study now.

Artist and other forum members, I am really interested in the color green that you used in the bathroom.  When I viewed Mr. Robertson's recent Live Presentation at Canada's Idea City Conference, if my memory is working he  mentioned "institutional Green".  The Victorian period is before the birth of our Baby Boomer Generation today,  so how do miniaturists know that this green is correct?  I wonder How many Victorians exist today, that haven't been repainted in today's colors.  The popularity of color in a specific time is most fascinating.  I think the Colonial Williamsburg foundation studies color from a scientific perspective, so they have the ability to research the layers of paint in a structure.   Although the Victorian Era is clearly rooted in the UK, my appreciation for Victorian Architecture is rooted in the beautiful old homes across the USA.  If any of our forum members have some experience in researching colors - I would love to see a new topic; I do not have any experience in this subject!

(Our home is 15 years too new.)

On 7/21/2018 at 7:25 AM, WeekendMiniaturist said:

Artist and other forum members, I am really interested in the color green that you used in the bathroom.  When I viewed Mr. Robertson's recent Live Presentation at Canada's Idea City Conference, if my memory is working he  mentioned "institutional Green".  The Victorian period is before the birth of our Baby Boomer Generation today,  so how do miniaturists know that this green is correct?  I wonder How many Victorians exist today, that haven't been repainted in today's colors.  The popularity of color in a specific time is most fascinating.  I think the Colonial Williamsburg foundation studies color from a scientific perspective, so they have the ability to research the layers of paint in a structure.   Although the Victorian Era is clearly rooted in the UK, my appreciation for Victorian Architecture is rooted in the beautiful old homes across the USA.  If any of our forum members have some experience in researching colors - I would love to see a new topic; I do not have any experience in this subject!

(Our home is 15 years too new.)

I LOVE my green in the bathroom :) ,

Archived