Hi from Debora in the Netherlands

Debora Beijerbacht

First and foremost, I'm a Mom. A single mother to a teenage daughter who I love dearly. As for miniatures; I was introduced to the miniature scene round 2007 or 8, cos I build a dolls house to the specs of a family member who suffered from arthritis. She also wanted some specific furniture as well, all in keeping with our Dutch heritage, and with that all my intrest's came together. Architecture, (cultural) history, making furniture and DIY in general, math, science and another big love of mine; research & learning. 

I'm forever grateful to have received a scholarship for IGMA's Guild School in Main in 2010, because my life hasn't been the same ever since. The level of craftsmanship and artistry, by both teachers and students was simply mind-blowing, and because there was no need to explain the fascination for all things small it felt like I'd finally found home. The melting pot of knowledge was both seductive and mesmerizing, and even as a novice my small contributions were received with open arms.

I guess that's one of the great things I love about the miniature community and I hope we can all continue that experience over here at this dedicated forum. As much as i'm hungry for knowledge I'll try to contribute here too. To the best of my abilities although I regard myself a student for life. I look up to the many great Artisans the miniature community populates. Their fantastic work is both an inspiration as well as an aspiration. 

With kind regards,

Debora Beijerbacht, from The Netherlands.

post-10-0-65746400-1398971023_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-57516700-1398948845_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-67755400-1398971200_thumb.jpg

Hi Debora, welcome to the forum. I have seen your work and your blog which are both wonderful. It has also been such a joy to get to know you from workshops both in your country and mine.

Thank you so much for helping making this all possible because of people like you contributing.

• 1 month later...

Hoi Debora, beautiful pics posted by you, always a pleasure to have a look at what you've made

Archived