Need info regarding Bobbie Schoonmaker Microstitchery

Linda Cox

Can anyone give me information regarding the status of Bobbie Schoonmaker Microstitchery? Several of my needlework friends have ordered from the proprietor, but we have not had any response. Her merchandise is wonderful, but something has happened to the order fulfillment.

Hi Linda, I placed an order June 29, 2017.    I phoned the owner twice, and she did not respond to phone calls or emails.  I requested a refund via paypal at 30 days and received my refund on August 8, 2017.  

Thank you for the response. I guess I will give up on this and request my refund. I was interested in the Cluny designs. Do you know another source for these designs?

These are the only two resources I have in my quick recall---

The scarletquince offers a chart for the Cluny Tapestries... 

http://www.scarletquince.com/pat.php?pat=UNK011

And Dimensions sold a Cluny Tapestry kit copyright date 1979 designer Timothy Glenn.

The charts may be too large to be in scale though - I couldn't find an actual stitch count for the kits listed on eBay.

I have never stitched any of the Cluny pieces.  I love the architecture of castles, but I haven't collected pieces in this period.... (my husband is so glad that I don't want my own castle in 1/12th scale!)    I have had a wonderful experience seeing tapestries in person at the Isabella Gardner Museum in Boston, and I have great appreciation for these pieces.   I will ask the members of  petitpointers Yahoo group if they have any other resources and will post.

Bobbi's charts are 201 by 235/7 stitches. The ones from Scarlett Quince are much larger and too big for 1/12 scale except if you want to stitch it on 80 count which could take a lifetime but wouod look stunning with all that detail!

I remember seeing a dimensions chart on eBay a few years ago and that stitch count was similar to Bobbi's f I remember right.

I hope you find something Linda. 

Thank you for taking the time to research this topic for me. I love being able to communicate with fellow needleworkers around the world. I did check the stitch count, and the design would turn out too large, but I will continue to search for the miniature designs. My best.

hmmm.... the Desire Panel from the Link that Elga Posted is listed as a stitch count of 252 x 196

on 32 count silk gauze this calculates to 7.875" x 6.125"

on 40 count silk gauze this calculates to 6.3" x 4.9"

on 48 count silk gauze this calculates to 5.25" x 4.08"

which is very similar in size as Bobbie's charts...  Therefore I think Elga's link is the closest option to the Micro Stitchery charts for the Cluny Tapestry Sense of Taste and Sense of Hearing charts that are on her website.  Definitely the ones I would select, and the price is excellent... although I do not know anyone who has stitched from this website; we always prefer to see a stitched piece, then we know that someone has reviewed the chart for odd random stitches, in the event the charts are computer generated.  

I like the ScarletQuince options if you want a 1/12th scale miniature of the real tapestries.  I have to get to the Cloisters Museum to see these in person in the USA!

Tamra the cluny tapestries are not in the Cloisters museum, there are similar ones all of them featuring hunting a unicorn, which I found a sad subject. Mavis and I went to see them in 2012. You can see them here, just scroll down the page.

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/467642

The cluny tapestries are in the Cluny museum in Paris, France.

Thanks Elga, for the correction.  Thank goodness John D. Rockerfeller Jr, made this contribution to the museum. 

Our yahoo petitpointers two group indicates the Dimension Charts are the first recommendation to replace the absence of the Micro-Stitchery resource.  We have three members who have wrote that they have the Dimensions charts, and they were published in a leaflet, in addition to a full kit.

Archived