1:12 Scale Alsatian Dog

CollieFeathers

Wow, how do you needlefelt ears?  Pretty amazing dog.  I am a fan of the bigger breeds; the little yippers scare me, as I'm always worried I will hurt one of the smaller breeds, even though I am very fond on teacup yorkies, they are about as mini, of a min real life dog that I have seen.

Hi WeekendMiniaturist,

Most of the non central body parts like ears, tail, legs and even the head are worked on a square piece of foam and then attached to the body. Just overlap the wool fiber into a triangular ear shape (bigger than you want the ear to end up), lay it on the foam and start stabbing with the felting needle. Anywhere you stab the wool hooks together and starts compressing into felt.

This is the finished Alsatian dog.

Altasian9igma.jpg

Altasian10igma.jpg

Altasian11igma.jpg

Altasian13igma.jpg

Altasian14igma.jpg

Altasian15igma.jpg

Altasian16igma.jpg

This is amazing!  Thanks for explaining how the ears are made, as I have always wondered about the process.  The snow and the shadow are very effective for the photography too!

There were things I wanted to improve upon with the Alsatian dog. There is a point where you have to say "I'm finished" but there was also that nagging little voice that said, "it will look better if you..." "It won't take long to do that." "You know you're not happy with it as it is..." and so, did more work on the dog this morning. Both dogs are now shipped and on their way to Upton House's doll's house.

CutiepieShearer2igma.jpg

CutiepieShearer1igma.jpg

I always flip critters over to see how their paws look... it is fun that we got to see them in the photo. I'm sure their new owner will enjoy them.

Archived