IGMA Guild School 2018

WeekendMiniaturist

Yesterday, pre-registration was due, and referencing our membership email the photos are up for 2018!

I know there are at least 12 classes at the top of my list!  Here is a link for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.igma.org/guild_school/2018/48_hour_classes.html

When you break it down, and look at the fact that shared dorm room accommodations and meals are included, and you add a priceless week of creating miniatures with friends and learning from some of the finest miniature artisans - it is in an incredible value!  

Need answers on a roadblock that is impeding your scale modeling success??  This is the event to attend!

• 1 month later...

I'm SOOOO Excited to report that the list of FULL classes is has been updated on the Guild's Website.  Thanks Olga for the post in our stitching group, and Corky for giving us a hint last week.

So... if you pre-registered and your class is not FULL, you probably got your first choice.  This is one of my favorite days of the year...

http://www.igma.org/guild_school/class_information.html

Respectfully yours,

Perpetual Student of the (mini) Arts

• 2 months later...

Only 127 Days until Guild School 2018!  This year our International Guild of Miniature Artisans celebrates, "Continuing a Tradition of Diversity".  Guild School is held at the Maine Maritime Academy June 9 - 15, 2018, and if you are able to drive through Maine to get to Guild School the trip includes a very picturesque drive to Castine.  

Remember to stop at Red's Eat's in Wiscassett Maine,  for the #1 Lobster Roll...  

Make sure your camera is ready for the incredibly beautiful Pensbscot Narrows Bridge.  If you have time, make sure you and visit the Observatory.  It is a "21st- Century feat of engineering that is the tallest public bridge observatory in the world".  My heart always flutters when I see that bridge, as I know I am close to the best mini adventure of the year!

And if you have time, spend a couple of days before or after Guild School and soak up the New England Experience at its best!

August 1, 2018 is the deadline for submission of Guild School 2019 Scholarship Applications.  For more information, here is a link from the Guild's website.  http://www.igma.org/guild_school/scholarship.html

• 3 months later...

I'm so excited to be going back to Castine, but I have a couple questions.

Does anyone know how much the charge is for the extra night stay (early arrival for instance), or for the single-room upcharge?  I just got my "balance due" charge and I'm trying to figure this out.

In looking over the charges for this year vs. last year, I see that the room & board fee in the dorm has gone up $125.  My logic is that since the "tuition only" fee remained constant at $900, then any increase in the "36-hours + lodging" must be room & board.  This seems ironic since the dining hall is closed this year and we're walking up from the Armory ...  

I think I can clarify the Guild School expenses for you. This is mostly due to the increase in fees charged to us for dorm rooms, classroom space and facility fees, as well as their administrative costs. The food services fee remains almost the same. MMA has additional costs (not charged to us) with providing shuttle vans to take us around campus between classes since the dining area, office, and exhibit will be in the Field House. The extra night fee is $60. One more Guild School News email blast will go out with more details. Please feel free to call or email me if you have further questions. I'm excited too! I can't wait. As of this writing the countdown on the school website page is 34 days, 6 hours, 15 minutes, and 40 seconds!

Thanks for the info.   I guess that I assumed that since the "tuition only" fee was unchanged, and those people use classrooms, facilities, etc. that it was all related to food/lodging.   My mistake. 

Counting down also ....   :-)

• 1 month later...

If you have wondered if Guild School is right for you, check out these photos posted on IGMA's Instagram account.

When you see the white triangle in the middle of the picture, if you click on it there is a short video.  It looks like everyone had a wonderful results with their projects.

https://www.instagram.com/igmaguildschool/

Just a note:  When you get to this photo, you begin seeing 2017 pictures.

Enjoy - some photos from Guild School Class of 2018, it is the Best Week of the Year!

• 1 month later...

Archived