Barbara J. Raheb, Pennyweight Press, Miniature Books

Catherine Ronan

Someone recently told me we lost Barbara Raheb. She was an IGMA Fellow. I knew Barbara had to stop creating her books in about 2002. She started losing her eye sight due to macular degeneration. 

Please if you know anything about this please let me know.

Her books are so beautiful. I think the forum members would love to hear more about her also.

Catherine, you are great at reminding us of great artisans.  (sigh) yes, another artisan that I missed collecting... 

I only have one of her books - Little Women that I purchased at a local auction; it is such a treasure!  Thank you for reminding me of her great contribution to miniatures... I love books to enable my miniature hobby, but Miniature books are the best! 

It is my understanding that Robert C. Bradbury, the author of Twentieth Century United States Miniature Books, has a detailed list of her books, and my interlibrary search indicates I can borrow the book...

I know she had over 520 titles she published. That is just amazes me. Some in "limited editions" of 300.  Barbara J. Rehab was an IGMA Fellow. It would be very nice if we could remember these great artisans here with their history and some photos of their work.  

I would add a link to a site that sells her used books but I am sure that is against some rule.

It would great to have a list of artisans and the projects that were submitted or their specialty.  My book is so small, I'm not sure I can get a good photo of it.

I am amazed by how small these books are... and I have lots of questions; guess I could go back through the volumes of magazines and try to put the details together from what was written in Nutshell News and Miniature Collector.

OK, now I want to take a bookmaking class! 

Archived