Hello from Kansas City

Ben

Hi I'm Ben - I'm a QC guy by day, but in my insomnia evenings I'm a oil painter and sometime amateur miniature artist.  I like it all, but in particular Van Gogh.  I'm trying to see what I can pick up from others here, and to have a way to get input about mine.

bedroom.jpg

Thank You Darren.  I'm obviously not at the level as everyone else here, but I'm hoping to learn from others.  I will post some others, but I think I'll look around some first.  Incidentally, my last name is Thomas too.

prodigal son cropped.png

Hi Ben, it must be very challenging to paint a Van Gogh on such a small canvas.  I'm not sure which Van Gogh would be my favorite, but "Starry Night" always comes to head instantly when someone mentions his paintings.  Have you ever painted Starry Night in miniature?  This painting draws me in; I would love to see it in real life. 

Your paintings are so small... you must be painting with a single hair brush.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Weekend!

i haven't painted Stary Night yet but I suppose I'll do one day.  I have a small brush of course but sometimes you get lucky and there'll be one strand that sticks out and you can utilize this. I saw stary night last summer in NYC at the MOMA.  There were several Van Goghs in the room but there was a crowd in front of stary night!  I never could get close.  

Thanks for the welcome and thanks to Catherine too for the compliment!

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Archived