My Miniatures

Tim Warner

9121139_1_l.jpgHi these are 12th scale miniatures I made in 1997, all made from antique mahogany. The small table was made by Michael Walton. 9121055_1_l.jpg9121140_1_l.jpg

Chairs in my humble experience are very, very challenging!  I think you have mastered the chair!

They are exquisite!

Thanks everyone for your kind sentiments. It's great to see other people's work and their approach to the task in hand. I must say I am really impressed with the techniques/ Jigs people use. Most of my miniatures were made with basic tools and a unimat 3 lathe. When I say basic I mean scalpels and tools from masonry nails being made specificly for each project. Great work everyone!

Regards Tim

• 5 weeks later...

At the time I would contact Beth Stark (have known her since I was 10 years old as that's when her actual shop was opened in my hometown~ I am 50 now) and discuss what I wanted, she would contact you and voila! The pictures do not do justice to your craftsmanship as they were so fine and delicate I had to be careful who else's furniture I placed in the room (it matched well with Neil Bateson's work ). You also made a dining table for me to go with the chairs that have the red seats. That set went into my Chris Cobb house, not the house the other chairs went into.

On 1/25/2017 at 11:25 AM, Tim Warner said:

Thanks everyone for your kind sentiments. It's great to see other people's work and their approach to the task in hand. I must say I am really impressed with the techniques/ Jigs people use. Most of my miniatures were made with basic tools and a unimat 3 lathe. When I say basic I mean scalpels and tools from masonry nails being made specificly for each project. Great work everyone!

Regards Tim

Hey Tim, this is Marty Stark. Glad to see you're well again. Stay that way.

Hi Marty, hope you're all well. Thanks much better now and making items in my spare time. Would be great to see some of my work in a setting, do you have any photos of your dining room you could share?

You both still in the miniature scene?

Regards Tim 

Hi Tim,

I recently moved to California and I packed the inside of the doll house in boxes. I haven't removed them because if my daughter buys a house, it will be crated and shipped there. She's the only collector in the family that has an interest. But I think I have a picture of the room in my files. Here's my email sleeper4@outlook,com. When I get a chance, I will look for it and send it to you.

Later,

Marty

Tim,

My large Georgian house with some of your chairs featured above (all except the red dining set) were featured in an article about me in Miniature Collector magazine- July 2003..........I do not have a copy sadly since I moved twice since then and got rid of a lot of stuff but perhaps someone might be able to find it. I may have some old photos of the Chris Cobb house I bought from the Singing Tree years ago with your dining table and the set of red seated chairs as well. Will look.

Thanks Elainie great to see the photos. Going to try and upload a chair I made recently this being the first detailed one I have made in 20 years.

Tim

11 minutes ago, Tim Warner said:

IMG_2110 (2).JPG

IMG_2115 (2).JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2107.JPG

Hi, the chair above was to have been my next chair when I stopped making miniatures for sale in 1997. It was completed 2 weeks ago almost 20 years to the day. The chair is made of antique walnut from a wardrobe made in 1908 which I salvagef for miniatures. This is veneered in 30 year old figured walnut that I thinned to 0.25mm.

Tim

Thanks Elainie, the box I was sitting the chair on was off centre and gave a slant to the piece. Must get better at taking pictures!

Regards Tim

I see sweet volute carvings at the top of that chair.  This is going to be fun watching your progress! 

>> From Elaine .... My large Georgian house with some of your chairs featured above (all except the red dining set) were featured in an article about me in Miniature Collector >magazine- July 2003..........

I got my MC's off the shelf, and I found your July 2003 issue, this is a beautiful structure, and I think I see the chairs in the dining room photo on page 25, if I find another Jul 2003 issue in my travels, I'll be sure to pick it up for you.

1 hour ago, WeekendMiniaturist said:

I see sweet volute carvings at the top of that chair.  This is going to be fun watching your progress! 

>> From Elaine .... My large Georgian house with some of your chairs featured above (all except the red dining set) were featured in an article about me in Miniature Collector >magazine- July 2003..........

I got my MC's off the shelf, and I found your July 2003 issue, this is a beautiful structure, and I think I see the chairs in the dining room photo on page 25, if I find another Jul 2003 issue in my travels, I'll be sure to pick it up for you.

Oh wow, great! Yes thanks- I have looked on the net for that issue and have not found it yet!

Archived