Petitpoint panel for sewing table screen

ElgaKoster

Everybody is so quiet, hoping you are all having time to make a few miniatures!

I finished this new piece of petitpoint yesterday, it will go into the sliding screen of a new sewing table that I am busy making. I stitched it on 72 count slik gauze with Pipers silk. It took me 27 days to chart and stitch working on average three hours a day on it and it has a total of 10 614 stitches.

The blue background made it very difficult to choose some of the other colors, I had to try a few greens before I was happy with the results.

image.jpeg

I finished this new piece of petitpoint yesterday, it will go into the sliding screen of a new sewing table that I am busy making.

You mentioned a new sewing table... is this new sewing table different from the design that you submitted for one of your Artisan pieces?  I like your color selection... Blues can be very challenging! 

Tamra, from outside the table will look similar to the first one that I made in 2012. The drawer and writing surface however will differ a lot from the first one. I didn't submit a sewing table as everything you submit for Artisan has to made within the two years previous to submission date and my other sewing tables were older than that.

Thank you, I am very happy with how the colors turned out in the end.

Archived