WeekendMiniaturist

Recently, I was researching tool chests and Lost Art Press came up in my search results.   If other miniaturists are interested in making Campaign Furniture, I thought this book might be a good resource.  It is interesting that Lost Art Press makes their re-issued books available in digital pdf format too, and you can buy it electronically for half price of the printed version... at least this gives us a less expensive option for research.  I have not personally seen a copy of the original or re-issued book and only know Lost Art Press from reading the blog.

Tamra did you notice that they have an excerpt from each book to download for free? It is a feature they only introduced recently.

Thanks for pointing the group to the digital sample; it is great to see a portion of the book before purchasing.  I would like to try that 3 way bolt, too.   I wonder if I can actually go to the store and purchase low carbon, not hardened hardware.

I also liked these instructions...

"You can blacken the hardware, or remove the hardware’s zinc coating using a citric acid solution and let it patinate naturally. The hole in the 1/2" nut is a nice place to add a wooden cap or a small turned finial."

Archived