showcase of bathrooms

miniarquitect

Hello to everybody

After some months of silence, this is my new miniature creation. A new shop windows with a showroom of bathrooms and accessories.

As always the façade follows the art-nouveau style, with an important sgraffito in two colours, stone arches and a sinuous baseboard also made of stone.

D004fachada.jpg

the sidewall is made with a new piece of concrete. It reproduces the original design which Antonio Gaudí made for the first time in Batlló House. This house is in Barcelona, in Passeig de Gràcia (one of the most important Barcelona's avenue), and this design was also used for the pavement of this avenue, but made of green-grey concrete (those in Batlló house were of enameled ceramic).

D018acera.jpg

Through the windows there six panels with six different examples of bath sinks, lamps, accessories and tiled finishings.

Here, Paris metro tiles, as you can imagine, the same tile you find in Paris underground and also used in kitchens and bathrooms. Lamps and accessories gives you a "retro" atmosphere accodirng to the bath sink.

N056metroparis.jpg

normal tiles of 15x15 cms (real size, obviously!) for a contemporary sink in wood and modern taps.

N029cuadrado.jpg

Here, granite and a stone mosaic border, as the others, with modern accessories in chrome finishings.

N098piedra.jpg

This one reproduce gresite tiles. Small pieces of 2x2 cms, here 1,65x1,65 mm, mounted (the original ones) in a fiber mesh of 30x30 cms that let you cover round surfaces such as columns, swimming-pools.. also used in bathrooms and kitchens. Again a modern sink and lamps.

N068gresite.jpg

in this one, I reproduce a brickwork wall, painted in white. These kind of walls are quite common in restoration of old buildings of the beginning of XX century or ancient factories converted into flats or lofts. where they want to highlight the manufacturing aspect of these constructions. For this panel the sinks and their accessories try to reflect this idea of a locker room.

N076obravista.jpg

Finally this one is covered with  porcelanato, a kind of stoneware. Elegant and clean for a hotel or luxury resturant with a sink made in mahogany and white porcelain.

N071porcelanato.jpg

different stools and tiles examples complete this scene

crazy amazing!!  are you on FB??  Please do share with the rest of the mini community!!!  if not, I would be happy to post and provide proper credit...

hello Darren,

I'm not in facebook or twitter or any other social web. Thank you for your interest and feel free to share it

Francisco

Francisco, me encantan tu obras de arte increíble.   I would be interested to hear how you make some of those pieces.  Thank you for sharing.

Hello and thank you for your comments

If you have followed my previous entries, you will see that they way I work is always the same.

I start drawing a very detailed design of my new work. At the same time I draw, I think in how I'm going to build it. For example, as I make molds of many pieces, I try that the same piece can be use in a left or right side in order not to work unnecessarily.

Escaparate 6.jpg

After the design, I begin the making of the main pieces or decorative elements, mainly of wood or plaster. I make the silicone molds and then I check if they work.

Then I test textures and colours according to the nature of the piece: marbre, granite, stone, polished or not,.. and for that, like a apothecary, I mix sands, pigments, plasters.. in order to reproduce the original material.

then, make the pieces, sometimes more than 300, in these cases, I have up to ten or more molds of the same original (in tiles) or from different originals (when the piece is the same but has not  been manufactured like in sgraffito)

Finally, as in a puzzle, I insert everything into a wooden frame.

in the photo you see the baseboard: the cad design, the wooden pieces and their molds, the final ones, in artifical stone (with their colour and texture), and inserted in the façadecollage zócalo.jpg

Your work as always is stunning! Everything is so perfect and realistic, very inspiring. And unique interesting subject matter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Franciso, the fixtures are beautiful.  I want to reach into the scene and turn on the water.  Oh, I wish I could travel to the mini show in Spain!  Perhaps someday.  I wish we could see your work in the states.....

Hello Tamra,

thank you for your visit and kind comments. We can meet in Paris, at the end of June!! (SIMP Paris, 26th June)

• 7 months later...

I like the presentation of candles in the bathroom.... - I think a tub scene and flower petals and roses would be fun to create!

Feliz Navidaz!

21 hours ago, miniarquitect said:

Merry Christmas and the best for the New Year to everybody!!

Francisco

navidad2016 IGMA.jpg

21 hours ago, miniarquitect said:

Francisco

Thank you, and back at you :)

• 2 years later...

miniarquitect,  I looked at the Kensington list of exhibitors last night... I did not see that you are selling.  Is anyone attending that is representing your work?

Thanks -

No, I'm not going to Kensington dollshouse Festival... and nobody will represent me there...sorry!!... in fact I have no plans of attening to a miniature show this year

Francisco

Francisco, thanks for responding... I hope all is well in your life size and mini worlds.

Well, If I were exhibiting, I would be happy to represent your work... of course,  I don't know if they have rules about this!  We need mfg's representatives for the miniature world.  I don't sell miniatures, as most miniature collectors require they are finished, before purchasing them....

My Friend Elise is going to send me some of her European mini magazines, so I'll be going through them to see if any of our FMF members are in the magazines.

I have been in Paris, Rheda, Arnhem, once in London... but although I opened recently an online shop for accessories, lamps... I  mainly focus my work in miniature architecture.. and I need to go to these shows by car. And sometimes, travel more than 1600 km to arrive and another 1600 to come back, for just one day of show or one and half sometimes is frustrating  (When I was in London the show runned for almost three days, not one and a half like now) . I'm not closing the door to attend in future shows, but, at now, things are going quite well... and 80% of my buyers are from USA!

Anyway, thank you very much indeed for your interest... and I wish you enjoy the Kensington Festival... probably the best in Europe

Francisco

Archived