Frank Hanley & Jeff Gueno Le Chateau interior miniatures

Catherine Ronan

Occasionally I see a photo of a porcelain miniature from Le Chateau Interior Miniatures. The work is so beautiful it is astonishing.

I would love to know more about them. What happened to these artists. When were they active. Did they used to do shows?

Catherine,  They used to do shows (Guild Show is where I first met them) in the 1980s.  I was in communication with them for several years ( they were helping me gather information on the Nymph sleigh, I also commissioned a couple of metal pieces for them) but when I quit shows I lost contact with them. I had several of their pieces but have since passed them on to another collector.

Frank Hanley passed away in 1999. Jeff continued to make miniatures for at least a few years but I don't know if he is still active.

• 1 month later...

what was truly remarkable was that they were excellent in many different categories. Their porcelain had the most beautiful glaze and the finest detailed painting. When it came to furniture they were equally as good with fine upholstery and authentic fabrics. Sculptures and busts were faithful copies of the full scale originals. To me it seemed everything they tried thier hands at turned out perfect, true artistically talented men and they are missed greatly by us all.

• 8 months later...

I am glad that nobody bloged that I had passed on as I am quite alive and very happy to be doing miniatures again after eight years without a studio to work in. I hope to be accepted into the National Museum of Miniatures show and sale in Sept. and waiting for my membership in IGMA to be renewed. Any questions I am at 337 285 6003 or jggueno@cox.net. I know this was an old blog but I though some people might check it every now and then. Thanks for bringing my name up.  Jeffery Gueno, know as Le Chateau Interiors.

PS. You can view my new studio on my facebook whatever. (Not good at that.)

I am so glad that we have this forum!  I am really looking forward to the Kansas City Museum Show  next year, and hope I have the opportunity to see your work.  Although experience tells me... that treasures can sell very quickly!

Oh, Jeff! How wonderful to hear that you are still active. Hope to see you next year in Kansas! Do you have a website?From a long term admirer and fellow Louisianian, Martha 

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old topic but I have to know! Jeff, did you get into the National Museum of Miniatures show? It would be so wonderful to see your work again!

And to Catherine - Le Chateau pieces come up at auction occasionally. I was lucky enough to snag some Le Chateau plates a year or two ago. The porcelain is perfection and the painting beyond exquisite.

I would love to collect a few pieces myself. Lucky you Liz to have won the auction bid.

I would also like to know if Jeff is making some new pieces. If so, where he is selling them now?

Since I don't know if Jeff follows the forum regularly I'll answer, yes he is in the show! His table will be next to mine!

This going to be so exciting!

Archived