Guild School 2016

miniredleader

The 2016 Guild School Rocks! information is now up on the IGMA website (http://www.igma.org). The list of instructors and class projects is posted and the Pre-Registration form is available for download. The pre-registration deadline is October 9, but regular registration continues until May 1, 2016. Check out the Register page for details about the registration process. To view and download photos from the Guild School 2015 go to SmugMug at http://smu.gs/14yfqfz and enter password: igma (case sensitive). Join us in 2016!

post-29-0-30257300-1439514835_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For you who do Facebook, there's an IGMA Guild School page, which will feature many of the photos Heather Almeda took this year (SmugMug album referenced by miniredleader). https://www.facebook.com/igma.guildschool Also check in for reminders of deadlines and announcements. We're at 488 Likes, will you help get us to 500?

• 4 months later...

Petitpointers are reporting that Class Assignments have been mailed by Mini Red Leader.... did you pre-register?  If you did not pre-register, there are many wonderful learning opportunities available.  You can see class availability at www.igma.org under the education links.

As Daniela indicates, "It is the best week of the year!"

Come Join 200 + of your miniature friends in Castine 2016.

Tamra  - (will be waiting at the mailbox on Saturday!)

I'm looking forward to returning next year. I'll be looking for my mail on Saturday too. Several members of my club in Houston are talking about attending next year? Lynda Stoy and I talked it up at our club Christmas lunch.

I'm sad to be missing GS this year. I would love to have met you, Martha. I'll be on a singing tour in Ireland with my choir, but missing all the fun, and I would so love to be making planes and candlesticks with Bill. (Not that I regret going to Ireland.)

My Class assignments were mis-delivered two blocks away... oh the wait was very distracting! And the envelope finally arrived yesterday!  I've been assigned to 48 hours of pure bliss?

So what is in your mini-making future?

Tamra

• 1 month later...

Well, I have been missing the fun at Castine so much...that I decided to go this year after all, hoping to see many of you there, the first year that I am not doing 48 hours, the morning class that I would have preferred to do is full. It will be a novelty to start class at only ten in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

WOW.  Guild School 2016 rocked my mini world... I hope someone made a note about Bill Hudson's sweatshirt - it was Tuesday night and I was  already too tired to take notes.  I think Linda Stoy was the high bidder, but not 100% sure if my brain had enough memory space available...  It looked like everyone that was having lobster, really, really enjoyed the lobster.... I think my favorite this year was the salmon - yum.  The GS diet is countered by all the face paced walking that I did to get to my classes; at one point Pete & Pam Boorum witnessed my request for IGGY assistance, when I was carrying my large priority mail box back to my room, so I could ship it back home via USPS.  Gosh I love that golf cart.

THANK YOU to all of the volunteers, board member, instructors that make Guild School happen for the students. 

It is was an incredible experience...

I am so happy, I finally had that magic moment; where using a dial caliper and a calibrated tool post, and experienced some kind of cosmic fusion in my brain - and now think I understand how to reproduce consistent results with the lathe.  Unfortunately, I can't turn until the gravers arrive from Maine, but I am looking forward to my next lathe session.

Archived