New website for the National Museum of Toys & Miniatures

Member1

The National Museum of Toys and Miniatures, formerly The Toy and Miniature museum of Kansas City, has launched a new web site. Under collections there are over a hundred miniatures featured including works by many of the active posters on this forum like Catherine Ronan, Bill Hudson and Wm. R. Robertson. Click on each item and get a number of larger images of it streaming by.

http://toyandminiaturemuseum.org/collections/

The museum has announced it will reopen in August with some kind of event this fall.

The online miniatures stream of photos was quite enjoyable. .  I do hope the museum will post the reopening details to the forum, I would love to see the museum!

I am trying to get to all the mini museums in the US.  I'm planning a trip to Maysville in March, and will go to the Great American Dollshouse Museum too, when we are in Kentucky.

Tamra

WOW!  The new website is really nice...Fun to navigate, great photos and of course filled with our all time favorite artists!!!  

• 5 months later...

Elga, thanks for posting the link to the newspaper article.  I do hope the Museum Staff or Bill R will give us advance notification of any events... I have a friend locally that would like to attend, so we are considering a drive or flight...I've been watching the airline flights to Kansas City, MO.  A long time ago, the Museum published a little book, so I do have the little book and a limited perspective of some of the miniatures in the museum from the book, and Miniature Collector Magazine. 

I think my husband would also enjoy this museum, as we both enjoy toys of various scales.

Tamra

I spent a good part of the last few days over at the museum. It is simply FANTASTIC in every way. I took lists of pictures and hope to have time to post some later.

I can't understand why anybody wouldn't find something of interest there....... It is just so much better than it was and so current for today's kids and adults....... I kind of joke that there is something just not "right" about seeing things I had as a kid brand new in a museum!

Archived