The Scale Cabinetmaker Magazine and Website

Wm. R. Robertson

In the early years of scale miniatures Jim & Helen Dorsett produced The Scale Cabinetmaker Magazine and The Cabinetmaker's Guides. These were how too publications that showed every detail, drawing, jig and fixture needed to make their projects. For over 20 years they produced and documented how to make hundreds of pieces of furniture. I could never begin to write like Jim so take a look at the web site their daughter Meg has built, it has sample projects so you can see just what I'm talking about. So if you missed it the first time from 1976 to '96 you can get again in print or on CD.

http://www.dorsettpublications.com/Features/Wares.htm

http://www.thescalecabinetmaker.com

Yes! These are great! And I'd like to mention they haven't outdated, or lost any of their value!

A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to find a huge stack of them for a real bargain. I just started to get involved in miniatures and it was very inspiring to read in detailed about building the most divers projects, from massive structures, to real working fans. Above all they showed that with invention and even simple tools you'd build great little objects. 

Great, I see one can also buy one issue or of course more at a time as a downloadable PDF.

Well I'll be darned...I had a bunch of these issues and they were all destroyed in a basement flood in 1998. I

'd love to get some of the old back issues. Thanks for posting this.

Paul

I managed to acquire a full set about 3 years ago. I loved reading them and bookmarked articles I wanted to have at my fingertips, copied them on my printer and put them in a folder for down in the shop, leaving the original magazines in their near mint condition.

---Linda

• 2 years later...

If you are working on a project that requires 17th Century English Country Kitchen Furniture, or Jacobean & William & Mary Furniture,  Dorsett Publications has added two "new" booklets to the digital collection.  I think these were available in print from your local miniature store, but Meghan has added these two publications to the digital download category.

I enjoy all of my miniature reference library, but TSC, is  on the top of my list!

Can you find the tip of the day for hinge setting? 

Archived