Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina

ernestobaldini

Hello, my name is Ernesto and I live in Argentina. I recently joined IGMA, though I'm a miniature lover since I was a boy, long before I knew anything about scales or dollhouse miniatures... I started into 1:12th scale miniatures when I met my wife, since she was making herself a dollhouse, and getting to help hep got me hooked and couldn't heplp but got infected with "miniaturitis". That was 13 years ago, and since then, I got more and more hooked.

We (my wife and me) have to make almost everything ourselves, since miniature are not very popular hereby, and for sure, finding scaled miniatures for our hobby is a more than complicated thing, specially since the restrictions we have to buy from outside our country (but that's other topic). I like to make a lot of different things, and have my times at doing this or that, from furniture to food, from plants and flowers to animals. Perhaps, what I like the most is to make flowers and animals, but at hte moment, animals are a little behind, since furring them takes me a lot of time, and since we have a three month old daughter, it's complicated. Our 6 years old son is used to miniatures, though he is not attracted except sometimes, or when daddy makes something he finds useful for his playmobil, LOL!

In 2013, we made the first miniature show ever here in Argetnina, where we invited everyone we know that shares this hobby, and last may was the second edition. Hopefully, next year will be the third and so on...

When we wnet to an arts and crafts show, I was asked to teach how to make a simple miniature, and then people wanted more. That was 7 years ago and was the start of our workshop. We were already making miniatures on request, under the name Punto Sur Miniaturas, name we still have and you can find us on facebook and see our work.

I use to say I'm just a humble hobbist, eager to learn (my mind is never quiet, a blesing and doom at the same time, LOL!), and I share what I learned in my years as miniaturist, but also my previous experience as builder of scale planess, sailships and die cast figures.

I'm thilled to be here among so many people whose work I admire, and hope to keep learning and improving my craft skills, and perhaps, add my grain of sand if possible.

Best regards from Buenos Aires!!!

Ernesto

Welcome Ernesto, great to have you here, seems this forum is just getting bigger and bigger with folks from all over the world signing on........ And that was the whole point of creating it.

Good to have you here, Ernesto, I'm sure you have much to contribute in many areas. You really have to do it all, don't you? I look forward to your posts!

• 1 year later...

Hi, Ernesto! I'd be interested to know the details of your next show -- dates, city, place, whether there's admission, exhibits, workshops, etc. Do you have a website or somewhere I can find the information? Thanks!

Archived