Miniatures from the Collection of Cookie Ziemba and the Estate of Eunice Gold

WeekendMiniaturist

I received a post card from the Leslie Hindman Auction house this past week for Cookie Ziemba and Eunice Gold's collections.

Leslie Hindman Auctioneers, 1338 West Lake Street, Chicago, IL 60607  (312) 280-1212 

Preview:

Saturday, July 19, 2014 10 am-3 pm

Sunday, July 20, 2014  12 pm - 5 pm

Monday, July 21, 2014  10 am - 5 pm

Tuesday, July 22, 2014  10 am- 5 pm

Auction:

Wednesday, July 23 10 am cst

Thursday, July 24 10 am cst

The website has a 12:00 noon start time, so you may want to call ahead to confirm if arriving in person.

• 3 weeks later...

The catalog for this auction went online today....

http://catalogues.lesliehindman.com/asp/search.asp?pg=1&st=D&sale_no=344&utm_source=Master+Emailing+List&utm_campaign=63d7f8f9d3-Sale344_Cookie_CNO&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_afc94ed9bb-63d7f8f9d3-98281829

Any guesses as to what the highest lot might be or which items will have the most interest?

You have to click on full view if you want to see who the artist is who made the miniatures, you can also browse the virtual catalogue or download it.

http://www.lesliehindman.com/catalogues/

My favorite lot is number 320, a 17th century Dutch canal house, it was one of the first houses I saw a photo of when I just started out making miniatures, the detail and the aging on the exterior amazed me, I think that is when I first realized that minatures could be done on a whole new level that I didn't know anything about.

Aha Elga, I see you discovered the site, too! I just downloaded the catalogue on my Ipad , will do so on PC , as well, as I pad is losing things left, right and center all the time .

• 1 month later...

If you are interested in the auction results go to Leslie Hindman Auctions, click on the Auctions Tab, go down to RESULTS and you can see the ending values after you search for the Auction 7/23/2014 and 7/24/2014.

It is much fun to see the auction results on line, even if you were not able to participate.

Auction results including buyers premium for Cookie Ziemba and Eunice Gold's collection were $312,412, if I can still use an functions in excel.  Think miniatures are not serious Art?

Enjoy!  Tamra / Indiana

Did anybody attend or watch online?..... If so what did you think? Did it go faster than LH's sale last year?

Looks like good results......

Archived