Help Section, Answers to your questions from people that designed the software!

Moderator1

I think that would be a setting on your computer….. on my MAC laptop and iPad the spell checker works like it always does including this forum.

Misspelled words are underlined in red. Right click on them. It will give you the correct spelling. Then left click will change it to the correct spelling.

It was my Mozilla 29.0.1 for MAC.  The MAC spell checker works with Chrome.  Thanks everyone for the input.

I think that would be a setting on your computer….. on my MAC laptop and iPad the spell checker works like it always does including this forum.

Mine too but you have to be careful because it sometimes finishes a word for you and it can be totally out of context. some times it even argues with me. When I type an unfamiliar word to it it will correct my spelling to a known word and if I correct it it will revert back to the first word. Sometimes I have to have it learn the word before it ail accept it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes some of the autocorrect spellings can be amusing,confusing, or embarrassing !

• 1 year later...

I scanned the link embedded in message #1 in this topic.

at the header of this box that opens when you are replying or creating a new topic, I have three clipboard icons for pasting,

Paste

Paste as plain text

Paste from Word

Please advise of the magic spell I need to use these functions.  I will use the browser that you wish... but I cannot use these functions in a windows environment.. and if forced, I can try my Samsung tablet - but what is my stupid password to our home wifi?  can you tell that I don't use my own Wi-Fi much?  I have ie, and firefox loaded.  same user, same computer, same frustrating results...

Would appreciate any help..

Can I change my permissions on my local computer?

Can someone else confirm that they can cut and paste, ie text written in word...

Tamra

Archived