Inspiration: A double duty metamorphic table

ElgaKoster

I came across this very interesting pembroke table that does double duty as both a writing and dressing table, unfortunately they didn't have any close ups of the drawer insides. I think this would be both a fun and challenging piece to make in miniature.

post-6-0-85491400-1400681047_thumb.jpg

post-6-0-44428800-1400681080_thumb.jpg

OK.... That is my kind of piece, I love it. It is very similar to the Architects Table I just finished....... I think the biggest problem I would have making it would using restraint not to buy the original in the process of making the miniature.

Thanks for posting it!

I thought this would be a cool piece to make for my Cape Dutch House, the British officers who came here in the early 1800's in the employ of the government were all of good families and brought some furniture with them as they didn't quite know what to expect in the way of furnishings in their new country. And this piece seems to fit the bill quite well, small but functional and easy to transport on a ship.

A very interesting piece, when I scrolled down...wow, didn't see that coming  :)

That is a very functional piece... but why the mirror?  Is that a bookstand on the opposing end?  Those casters seem really small in comparison to other miniature castors that are for sale; that would be very challenging.  Very functional for a ship, but did a man use or did a woman use it? 

I remembered that you did make castors for your sewing tables, so the casters are not a problem!  Tamra/Indiana

The mirror...because that side is a dressing table, and based on other dressing tables I have seen, I would think this one was meant for a man.

Test, and I love the table! I know you'll make a perfect reproduction---

That's such a cool piece. But the guy would really have to hunker down to shave with that mirror! 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived