Titania's Palace

Wm. R. Robertson

For those that don't know Titania's Palace was the inspiration for the creation of Queen Mary's Dollhouse. It is a huge 9' x 12' fairy castle created by a artist father for his daughter. The furnishing include found objects, like 17 th century reliquaries chest to the wonderful scale work of Mr. Early.

The house is on display at Egeskov Castle on the island of Fuen in Denmark.

http://www.egeskov.dk/en/titanias-place

Sometime I'll have to post more photos of it, I have been lucky enough to visit it twice.

Josje and I are going to visit it in the way to Tune, looking forward to seeing it, hope we have enough time to explore. Egeskov castle itself looks like a fairytale castle in the photos.

Egeskov castle is great, especially for a gear head like me, lots of vintage cars and motorcycles. Also are you going to stop by Ursula's Intarsia in Ringe? It is about 12 miles from the castle in the direction of getting back to the highway towards Tune.

Wow, so many great places to visit! Extra reason to visit I Tune one day too. Lucky you Elga, enjoy it!!! And Josje too of course. 

I can't believe I knew nothing about Titania's Palace until today. It is magnificent! I would love to see more photos of it.

Archived