Stitching rugs

ElgaKoster

Sounds like we are going to shop until we drop :-)

I would like some of the Guterman too, we do get it here but not the full range of colors and I do have the real thread sample card.

There is a shop in Amsterdam that sells only 100% silk fabric, worth a stop if anyone ever goes to Amsterdam

http://www.puresilk.nl/eng

I plan on dropping in there in October on my way home from Sweden and Norway, will also go to Utrecht with my friend that I am staying with. She says there are some great shops and a Cabinet dollhouse in the one museum, found a picture of it, travelling and seeing new things are just the greatest fun :-)

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Doll%27s_house_from_Petronella_de_la_Court_1670-1690.jpg

Of course!  As many people as we can fit in the car are welcome to go shopping with me... 

Tamra

Hi Carolyn, good to see you here :) 

I just got back from Cleveland a couple days ago, I go home often. Was there something someone was looking for at that fabric shop?

• 3 weeks later...

I have had an awful time finding a fabric for some chairs to go with the Aunt Olga carpet I stitched. Finally I found an eBay seller who was willing to send me samples. I had wasted a lot of money buying fabrics online that looked nothing like they did on my screen. Not to mention the fact you really need to feel them to know how they are going to behave.

I made them in an antique rose out of a silk blend. A perfect color match to one of the faded colors in the carpet.

Linda master carved the front legs for me.

post-20-0-59321300-1441589495_thumb.jpg

Catherine, I can't believe this was your first attempt at petitpoint. You did a wonderful job. As for silk for 56 count gauze, if you have a JoAnns close to you, they usually carry some of the Gutermann silk colors; maybe a couple of dozen colors. At the stores I've been in they are at the bottom below the cotton thread. Just look for the blue spools.

Do come to the petitpointer dinner in Chicago. Tamra does a great job organizing it. We have a fun evening with good food, lots of fun with show and tell of our work. It's always after IGMA's Guild School presentation.

Carolyn

Archived