Hi there from Barbara Studebaker

BarbStudebaker

Once upon a time (20 or so years ago) my new hubby Bill overheard me tell my sister that we had never had a dollhouse as kids. He, being broke what with alimony and 3 kids to pay for, thought it would be a cheap Christmas present....I got a box of parts, got tired of waiting, ordered a kit and the rest, so to speak, is history. (Bill's dollhouse did get done eventually and it is a treasure as you can imagine.) I started the mini business a few years later after doing a couple of shows, looking to retire from teaching high school. Then Bill built me a real full size retail shop which we had open in Virginia for about five years. When the opportunity came to move back home to Maine, we set up our studio here, with a view of the ocean in the winter!

I'm particularly interested in antique and vintage miniatures and love restoring and refurbishing. I am a needle worker and like to use vintage fabrics in my creations. Commissions are the most fun; they keep me focused and creative. I like to write and have had several articles published in Miniature Collector magazine. We have started a club that meets monthly. I love to teach, but would rather take classes and have attended Guild School and Guild Study Program at Williamsburg every year. AND I manage our website, www.studebakerminiatures.com.

Looking forward to sharing on this new IGMA venture!

• 2 years later...

Barbara, thank you for giving us a seminar on miniature goldwork at Guild School, 2016.  I really enjoyed your class, and am looking forward to trying these new techniques when I am working on soft goods, upholstery and other needlework projects.

Welcome to the forum Barbara, it was nice to get to know you a bit this year at Castine.

Archived