Taking Requests, Ideas, Suggestions for 1/12th Scale Hardware

Rustyclockwork

Hi everyone,

Our shop's new website is just around the corner from finally going live (years in progress), and I was working on the workshop supply category section and thought that I would ask for requests for new product we could possibly make in-house.

Specifically, miniature antique metal hardware... (hinges, specific door handles, plumbing, etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions of hardware that's not currently available from the usual supply houses?

I appreciate any input, and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Jason

Old Foundry Toy Works

Hi Rusty,

Sounds like a website I'd like to shop. However, not knowing what you already have, it's difficult to suggest something. There are so many categories and time periods for hardware.

Here are some ideas:

French mustache hinges , Medieval fancy scroll type hinges, colonial acorn strap hinges, rat tail shutter dogs...

Go here for ideas:

http://www.vandykes.com/

If you decide to do ceramic knob pieces, I could supply the ceramic part for you.

Hi Collie,

That's the thing! I've only made casting patterns for a few things like a wrought iron fence system (tin alloy, and the fence is somewhat modular) and a few drawings for some arts & crafts light fixtures. Some storybook architectural details...  But the category is completely brand new for our shop, so I'll have to get to casting soon.

I appreciate your ideas very much, and will definitely get back to you regarding the ceramic work if we go that route with knobs.

Thanks!

Jason

Hi Jason, 

I would love to have working door knobs and strike plates... period door knobs that work, would definitely spark joy for me!

I would like dimensional hardware, we seem to still have access to stamped and etched hardware for Chippendale, but French hardware would be great, and Period Victorian hardware would be wonderful too.

Archived